Saturday, September 20, 2014

adventure is out there !!!


so here i am ! my first post on this blog. getting there is half the battle right? after all i had to unload a bunch of clothes right there in the airport. if you think you're not going to over pack. you probably are. but they let me on with my checked luggage weighing in at 50.5 lbs. { a little over but they let it slide. i'm not sure my three year old nephew quite understands that i won't be home for a VERY long time. but he said goodbye to me just as much as my own parents, my grandmother, and my best friends parents as well { i had my own little going away party before the security gate }. there were not as many tears as i thought there were going to be but. all and all i was still sad to say goodbye.

it wasn't long before i was able to board the plane after security, and i even made friends with some of the fellow travelers ! who were all really surprised that i was studying at oxford for a year at such a prestigious university ! one of them even asked for the url to this blog to keep up with my travels ! she gave me some pretty great advice too. talking to strangers from different places is definitely one of my favorite parts of traveling.

HOWEVER, my least favorite part of traveling is the waiting. we literally sat on the runway waiting for the people to refuel for 45 minutes. it was ridiculous. they couldn't locate the fueling people ! no one could ! where did they go ? where were they ? why aren't you doing your job ? but you know what they say: there's always a silver lining.

my silver lining?

it is one hour less time i have to spend in the dulles airport. now i only have about N I N E hours to wait until my next flight.

i really hecked up with this booking thing. i literally don't know what i was thinking.

so here i am ! sitting in the dulles airport { my terminal is completely empty except for me. } next stop ? toronto, canada....estimated flight departure time ?

7: 40 AM

amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment